No Art Wasted
So you created and accumulated a few (or many) paintings, drawings or other 2D visual art pieces. Some of them are hung on your walls, perhaps you have given away a few as gifts to friends or even sold some. But you have more at home or in your studio stored away. What do you do with them? In this workshop you will gain ideas on how you might breathe new life into your work and repurpose your pieces so that they might be enjoyed again in another form. Even your less than perfect or even practice pieces can have value. Learn how you can gain more from your artistic efforts and get more enjoyment from your art projects in this enlightening lesson. This class is suitable for new/beginner and more experienced artists. 1.5-2 hours, students must be aged 16+. $30 CAD
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
• Gain creative ideas on how your art can be displayed (besides being framed and hung on a wall)
• Find opportunities for your art to be seen and appreciated by more people
• Acquire knowledge about Print Shops and Print On Demand options for art pieces
• Learn how to get quality scans, photographs or copies of your art
• Obtain knowledge as to how to manipulate your finished artwork and morph it into a totally new work
• Receive ideas on how even your less-then-spectacular art pieces may be able to earn you a little extra money
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR:
• Those who wish to learn how to expand the way in which their art gets displayed and seen
• People who already have a few pieces of 2D visual art displayed or stored in their studios or homes (or are currently working on a few pieces)
• Persons who are open to try something new and are wiling to play and experiment further with their work
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
• You are not willing to have your art displayed on merchandise
• You are not willing to digitize artwork in preparation for alternate display methods
• You feel your art is too precious to manipulate and morph your finished pieces into elements for new works
• Your art cannot be scanned, photocopied nor easily photographed
* All levels class. Ideally you will have a couple of finished 2D visual at pieces you are willing to work/practice with after taking the class.
No art materials are needed to attend this class but you may wish to have a pen and paper to take notes.
This workshop is delivered over the Zoom software platform. Read the Zoom Workshop/Class Policies & Procedures.
If you have questions about the workshop, please feel free contact me via my contact form on my website: http://mtmhobbes.com/contact.html
“... Margarita introduced a sense of play into the classes, which, combined with her excellent knowledge of color and technique, opened doors for me. Margarita is a very good teacher!” - Ardyth M.