Exact Colour Mixing
This is an interactive class where you will see exactly how an artist is able to mix the exact acrylic paint colours she needs for her palette. Just primary colours plus black and white paints will be used. You can choose a colour from a set of swatches and match it!
If you are confused about what colours to buy and use, or how to mix them in order to get the colours you want for your paintings, this workshop is for you. You have the option to either sit back, take notes and watch the demo, or actively participate and have your own paints during class, follow along and mix your own colours. 1.5-2 hours per session, max. 8 students (aged 16+). $35 CAD
The instructor will be using acrylic paints for the workshop. It is recommended that if you decide to follow along and mix colours during class with your own paints, that you also use acrylic paints. The list of paints and materials needed if you wish to do the exercises in the class will be sent to you upon registration.
NOTE: This is a class primarily for students 16 years or older. You must have basic computer skills have a device that has both audio and video.
IN THIS CLASS YOU WILL:
• Learn my process to get the exact colours you need for your artworks
• Gain knowledge about the true primary colours when it comes to paint (there are 6, not three!)
• Acquire information on how to use a colour wheel and how this tool can guide your colour mixing
• Have the option to use your own paints and follow the instructor as she demos or simply sit back, take notes and practice later in your own time
• Have the opportunity to play with paint! Get to know your materials and enjoy the process
THIS CLASS IS FOR:
• Persons who are interested recreating colours from other artworks, magazines, or other visual imagery
• Those who wish to understand the pigment and colour qualities of acrylic paints better
• People who wish to train their eyes and instincts when it comes to colour
THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
• You are expecting a full colour theory lesson - although we touch upon some colour theory, the discussion is limited and not extensive
• You are looking to mix metallic, neon or other other specialty colours
• You are unwilling to be patient while learning - there is some trial and error while beginning mixing and while training your eyes and instincts to arrive at your colour goals
If you have questions about the class or materials, please feel free contact me via my contact form on my website: http://mtmhobbes.com/contact.html
As a “newbie” explorer in acrylics, I wanted to gain a better understanding of colour. This course has given me a solid foundation to also apply to other mediums. This is an excellent class for anyone who wants to quickly develop a working knowledge of colour and to improve the ability to “see” colour. ~ Carlene A.